If you’re a food enthusiast in search of Chinese restaurants in Bangkok, you’re in for a treat! Bangkok boasts a diverse and thriving dining scene, offering a myriad of options for those seeking authentic Chinese flavours. Whether you’re a fan of dim sum, crave comforting bowls of hot soup, or long for sizzling stir-fried dishes, this list is here to guide you to the 10 must-try Chinese restaurants in Bangkok. Let’s dive into the culinary delights that await you!
10 of Bangkok's Finest Chinese Restaurants
1. Boon Tong Kee Terminal 21 Rama 3
Boon Tong Kee is a renowned restaurant chain that originated in Singapore and has expanded its presence to Thailand. With a rich culinary heritage spanning over four decades, Boon Tong Kee has earned a stellar reputation for its exceptional Chinese cuisine, particularly its Cantonese chicken rice. However, they also have other delectable menu items such as crispy pork and imperial pork ribs.
The restaurant is all for creating a relaxed and friendly vibe that’s perfect for hanging out with family and friends. Their welcoming atmosphere makes it a top choice for cosy get-togethers and laid-back dining adventures. You’ll feel right at home as soon as you step in!
- Hour: 11:00am – 5:15pm
- Location: 3766/70 Thanon Rama Ill, Khwaeng Bang Khlo, Khet Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Recommended Package: All You Can Eat w/ Roast Duck (Half Roast Duck size M 1 Menu per person w/ unlimited boiled chicken, crispy pork and imperial pork ribs along with over 50 menus to choose from) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 699 baht.
2. Huolong Chinese Mala HotPot & Grill
Ignite your taste buds with the fiery flavours of Huolong Chinese Mala HotPot & Grill! With a name like “Huolong,” which means “fire dragon” in Chinese, you know you’re in for a tantalising experience. They specialise in the popular Chinese hotpot and grill concept, but with a twist – their mouthwatering Mala broth, a spicy and numbing flavour profile that will set your senses ablaze. Choose between dipping your selection of succulent meat in the piping hot broth or giving it that smoky charred flavour by grilling it.
The restaurant is always buzzing with lively guests and waitstaff which makes it a perfect spot for a friends or family gathering. Plus, they are a dog-friendly restaurant so feel free to bring your precious fur baby along for your next meal there!
- Hour: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- Location: Intrawat 35, Bang Ramat Subdistrict, Taling Chan District, Bangkok 10170
- Recommended Package: New Pork Kurobuta Buffet (Buffet Such as Kurobuta Pork Neck and more menus. Exclusive For HH : Choose 1 Premium Menu (Not included Mala Soup) -Free 4 types of soup: Tonkutsu soup , Tomato soup, Pumpkin soup, Dashi Black soup ( Mala soup + 120.- ++ buy direct from restaurant)) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 679 baht.
3. HAHAMALA Chinese Restaurant
Located in the heart of Bangkok, HAHAMALA Chinese Restaurant brings the authentic taste of Sichuan cuisine to Thailand’s vibrant food scene. Brace yourself for the heat and spice that Mala is renowned for when you visit this restaurant. If you can’t take the heat, that’s fine too because HAHAMALA has other non-spicy dishes like their dumplings and fried squid rings!
The restaurant has an interesting interior that embraces a retro theme, with their red pull-out chairs to the posters on the wall and the vintage television as decor. The design elements all make for the perfect ambience to dine with friends and family!
- Hour: 11:30am – 11:15pm
- Location: 14/3 Rama I, 14/3 Rama I, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (Set menu of 13 dishes such as FRIED SQUID RING and more menus with 1 Non-Alcoholic Drink/Person) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 999 baht.
4. Man Ho Chinese Restaurant at JW Marriott Hotel
Man Ho Chinese Restaurant is a premier restaurant located in JW Marriott Hotel, bringing you Chinese cuisine with a modern attitude and traditional ambience. The restaurant is helmed by Chinese Executive Chef Leslie Du who boasts a unique approach to the craft through the application of traditional cooking techniques in modern Cantonese and Sichuanese cuisine.
Try out their signature Whole Fired Beijing Duck that’s served with homemade pancake, sliced cucumbers, leeks and sweet sauce. Chef Leslie’s artful presentations will definitely uplift the restaurant’s modern Chinese décor and atmosphere!
- Hour: 11:30am – 10:00pm
- Location: 4 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Chinese Unlimited (Mon – Fri) (Chinese Buffet Unlimited + 2 Special Menu per person Roasted Duck, Deep Fried Crab Claw with Minced Shrimp and More Buffet Menus) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,163 baht.
5. Shui Xin Chinese Restaurant Novotel Bangkok Bangna Hotel
If you’re looking for an authentic Dim Sum restaurant, Shui Xin Chinese Restaurant is here to satisfy your cravings! Indulge in a range of traditional Cantonese recipes, including iconic favourites like Peking Duck, Sichuan Soup, and a delightful seafood menu. And let’s not forget their mouthwatering Dim Sum menu, served in a charming atmosphere that guarantees a satisfying dining experience.
Shui Xin is the perfect choice for any occasion, whether you’re dining with family, enjoying a romantic meal with your partner, or hosting a business meeting.
- Hour: 11:30am – 3:00pm
- Location: 333 Srinakarin Rd, Khwaeng Nong Bon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250
- Recommended Package: Chinese Cuisine Unlimited (Chinese Food Buffet including Chinese Braised Chicken Wings with Red Wine and more menus) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 759 baht.
6. Red Rose Chinese Restaurant & Jazz Lounge at Shanghai Mansion
Step into the enchanting world of Red Rose Chinese Restaurant & Jazz Lounge, nestled within the captivating Shanghai Mansion. This unique dining destination combines the flavours of exquisite Chinese cuisine with the soulful melodies of live jazz music. Feast on their unique menu items like Pan-fried Australian Beef with black pepper sauce and crispy fried Sea Bass while tuning into the talented live musicians!
The ambience at Red Rose Chinese Restaurant & Jazz Lounge is elegant and inviting, with a touch of vintage charm. It highlights Shanghai’s golden era and is capable of transporting you to a bygone era of glamour and allure, making it perfect for a romantic dinner for two!
- Hour: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Location: Red Rose, 481 Yaowarat Rd, Khwaeng Samphanthawong, Khet Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100, Thailand
- Recommended Package: Red Rose Experience – 5 Dishes for 2 Persons Sharing with Premium Menus (Choose 5 Dishes for 2 Persons Such as Minced goose meat with oyster oil, Chilled sake infused salad with crabmeat, Hot and Sour Seafood soup Szechuan Style and More Menus) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,690 baht.
7. The Silk Road – The Athenee Hotel
Inspired by the historic trade route that connected East and West, The Silk Road invites you to savour the flavours of diverse cuisines from along this ancient path. This restaurant serves classic Cantonese cuisine with a modern twist where their dishes have age-old traditions but are also inspired by modern interpretations and cooking techniques.
The restaurant’s interior is largely inspired by Shanghai during the 1920s with a similar modern touch to bring an air of elegance and intimacy to the restaurant. Be sure to snap a picture of their artful presentations for your social media!
- Hour: 11:30am – 10:00pm
- Location: The Silk Road, 61 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Recommended Package: Sharing set for 4 people (7 courses for 4 people sharing All Day Such as Peking duck, crispy skin only with Chinese pancakes, 2nd course – duck meat cooked your style and More Menus) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 6,088 baht.
8. Spice & Barley Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
Spice & Barley International Restaurant is founded by Chef Sam Leong, a famous chef from Singapore. It is a unique Asian gastro lounge concept and has a perfect-for-sharing Pan-Asian menu that has a focus on Chinese and Southeast Asian cuisine. Some dishes that you must not miss out on include Wok Fried Tiger Prawns with Dried Chilli and Cashew Nuts and their Wok Fried Sizzling Black Pepper Beef with Foie Gras.
The space at Spice & Barley is luxurious and has the perfect view of the riverside. There is little light in their outdoor seating, and hence exudes a romantic atmosphere for those who would like to bring a date!
- Hour: 11:30am – 9:00pm
- Location: Spice & Barley, 257, 1-2 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Khwaeng Samre, Khet Thon Buri, Bangkok 10160, Thailand
- Recommended Package: 𝗡𝗢𝗡-𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 Peking Duck + 𝗗𝗜𝗠 𝗦𝗨𝗠 + Free Flow Mocktails (Unlimited PEKING DUCK TABLE SIDE + Dim Sum and CRISPY PORK BELLY, HONG KONG KALE, GARLIC OYSTER SAUCE and More Menus + Free Flow Mocktails) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 999 baht.
9. JUMBO Seafood Iconsiam
JUMBO Seafood is the first to bring the original Singapore Chilli Crab to gastronomes in Thailand. The restaurant has gained a loyal following since its establishment in 1987, garnering a reputation for serving only the freshest seafood cooked to perfection. The interior of the restaurant boasts lush sofa seats and comfortable cushioned seats for you to enjoy your seafood in the most relaxed state.
Of course, you can’t visit JUMBO Seafood without trying the iconic Singapore Chilli Crab. If it isn’t your first time trying Chilli Crab, another Singaporean favourite is the Black Pepper Crab. Alternatively, you may also wish to try the Deshelled Prawns with Golden Salted Egg.
- Hour: 11:00am – 10:00pm
- Location: Jumbo Seafood Icon Siam 299 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Khlong Ton Sai, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600
- Recommended Package: Dine in Quartet Set (Set menu of 11 dishes such as Crab with Rice Vermicelli in Claypot and more menus) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 3,999 baht.
10. Chuan Kitchen CentralWorld
Hailing from Singapore is Chuan Kitchen with an aim to get you hooked on Singaporean-Chinese style cuisine! This restaurant is perfect for family-style dinners especially with their large tables and modern interiors. Now, if you’re craving Singaporean cuisine or just enjoy this type of food, you don’t have to travel all the way to Singapore!
We recommend trying the Chilli Prawns, Bak Kut Teh and Beef Rendang for an authentic Singaporean meal!
- Hour: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Location: Chuan Kitchen, 6th Floor, Unit A613, 4, 1 – 4/2 Thanon Rama 1, Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Recommended Package: Chuan Experience – 9 Dishes for 5 People (Choose from 9 menus for 5 persons, such as Chilli Prawn, Crispy Salted Egg Shrimp, Crispy Prawn + Wasabi Cream Salad and more than 80 other menus with unlimited drinks) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 2,500 baht.
No matter which Chinese restaurant in Bangkok you choose to visit, one thing they all have in common is that they will not disappoint in taking you on a culinary journey to the place of origin! Bangkok is a thriving city with many different cuisines and today, Hungry Hub highlighted 10 restaurants that are worth a visit!
More interesting articles
- Top 10 Where to Eat in Bangkok: A Gastronomic AdventureTop 5 Beautiful Beaches in Pattaya (Updated 2023)
- 10 Ekkamai Restaurants Worth Checking Out Today!10 Most Romantic Eateries for Valentine’s Day 2023
- 15 Best Buffet in Bangkok for Foodies10 Must-Try Indian Restaurants in Bangkok
- 10 Must-Try Bangkok’s Silom Restaurants: A Food Lover’s Paradise