Regarded as Thong Lor’s younger sister, Ekkamai is a quieter and more subdued district in the city of Bangkok. Home to the creative and suave, the neighbourhood is known for its vintage shops and unorthodox bars. Here are 10 Ekkamai restaurants that you should check out today!
Ekkamai is famous for its food scene, with a plethora of restaurants serving a range of cuisines, from traditional Thai to international fusion. The neighbourhood is also home to numerous trendy cafes, where you can grab a cup of coffee and relax.
The Best of Ekkamai Restaurants
1. The Weekend Café & Bar
If you ever find yourself feeling lethargic and wish to unwind, The Weekend Café & Bar provides a cosy and comfortable place for you to kick back while feasting on their menu items. The restaurant’s interior is modern with furniture featuring hues of black, white and grey. They specialise in Western style café dishes, such as Pork Spareribs with BBQ sauce and Avocado Chicken Panini. However, if you’re looking for an Asian food fare, this place has got you covered too!
At night, the restaurant transforms into a bar with live music and DJs, making it one of the best Ekkamai restaurants that is perfect for friendly get-togethers after a long day at work!
- Hour: 11:00 am. – 11:00 pm.
- Location: Ekkamai Lifestyle Mall Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (5 dishes such as Australian Striploin and more menus with 1 Non-Alcoholic Drink / Person) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,350 baht.
2. Shabu Yorokobu
Shabu Yorokobu offers a unique dining experience where customers can enjoy high-quality ingredients and a wide variety of options to customise their shabu-shabu meal. Managed by Master Chef Tango who has over 20 years of Japanese dining experience learning, the restaurant serves up homemade broths that can be paired perfectly with their different cuts of meats.
Apart from shabu-shabu, Shabu Yorokobu also serves other Japanese dishes like sushi, sashimi, and appetisers to complement the main hot pot experience. With an interior boasting wooden benches and tables, their wide tables cater for a larger group like you and your friends to enjoy the feast together.
- Hour: 11:00 am. – 11:45 pm.
- Location: 39 9 Ekkamai 12 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 People (Set of 5 dishes such as Lamb Set and More Menus with Drink) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,590 baht.
3. Le Paris Ekkamai
Le Paris Ekkamai is a charming and authentic French-style café and restaurant offering a delightful dining experience with a focus on French croissants, cuisines, and soufflés. Their use of warm lighting in the restaurant exudes a warm and inviting atmosphere, making you feel comfortable and relaxed.
If you’re looking for something to fill your belly, consider opting for one of their mouth-watering mains such as their Rib Eye Steak or Duck Confit. If you’re a fan of beverages and desserts, make sure to not overlook their selection of refreshing drinks, such as the Strawberry Summer. This delightful concoction perfectly balances the sweetness of strawberries with a subtle tang, creating a truly refreshing experience.
- Hour: 8:00 am. – 9:00 pm.
- Location: Park Lane, Soi Sukhumvit 63, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 3 People (Sharing Set of 6 dishes such as RIB EYE IN CAFÉ DE PARIS, SALMON N CROFFLE RASPBERRY SAUCE and More Menus with 1 Drink per person) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,620 baht.
4. Banpuku Yokocho Ekkamai
Take a mini vacation to Japan with Banpuku Yokocho Ekkamai and their traditional Izakaya concept. If you want the full experience, opt for a chabudai table and zabuton seats which allows you to dine while sitting on the floor, as the Japanese do!
Be sure to order some of their signature menu items like their assorted skewers and fresh sashimi. And if you’re feeling a little cheeky, try out their alcohol selection which includes the popular Japanese Highball!
- Hour: 5:00 pm. – 11:30 pm.
- Location: 15, 1 Ekkamai 12 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (Choose from 5 dishes such as Beef Tataki and other menus with Free Flow Drink) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,150 baht.
5. Scoozi Urban Pizza Ekkamai
Scoozi Urban Pizza Ekkamai will have you exclaiming ‘delizioso’ by the end of your meal with their mouth watering artisanal Italian pizzas! Scoozi Urban Pizza has been serving authentic recipes in Thailand since 1997 which has allowed them to craft over 200 pizza flavours. The restaurant utilises Doppio Zero Flour which is renowned for its optimal gluten ratio. It results in a delightful blend of crispiness and chewiness, giving you a truly gratifying bite.
The restaurant uses warm lighting and neon signs to give you an Insta-worthy spot to take a picture in front of. Don’t be shy to snap a pic of you enjoying their premium seafood diavola pizza!
- Hour: 10:00 am. – 11:45 pm.
- Location: 303 Soi Sukhumvit 63, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 3 Persons (Pack C) (Set menu of 5 dishes such as Classic Margherita Pizza and more menus with 1 Water / Person) Book through us now to get the NET price of only 1,190 baht.
6. Here Hai
Seafood lovers rejoice at Here Hai where they’re famous for their seafood specially sourced from Thailand’s seafood hub of Surat Thani province. Their unique Thai cooking style is enough to capture the essence of Thailand in just one place!
Their Insane Crab Fried Rice comes with generous portions and better yet, peeled crab meat! Another must try at Here Hai is the Giant River Prawn with its silky and bright orange roe. The restaurant caters to groups of all sizes so there’s no need to worry about capacity!
- Hour: 10:00 am. – 3:00 pm., 4:00 pm. – 5:30 pm. (Closed on Monday)
- Location: 112, 1 Ekkamai Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/herehaifoods/
7. Wattana Panich
One dish that nobody should miss out on when they visit Thailand is Beef Noodles and Wattana Panich does it the best. Just seeing the large pan of bubbling broth with little cubes of beef and lamb drowning in it is good enough to whet your appetite!
The restaurant’s long history in business is evident when you consider the interior of it. The metal tables and chairs, vintage looking decor and organised clutter all give the restaurant personality and are signs that of an authentic Thai restaurant.
- Hour: 9:00 am. – 7:30 pm
- Location: 336 338 Ekkamai Rd, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
8. CARROTS The Vegan Bistro
CARROTS The Vegan Bistro has a menu filled with items that promote filling your body with nutritious food using plant-based alternatives and eye-catching visuals. The vegan restaurant removes the guilty feeling of indulging in junk food by providing meat-free options that still packs a ton of flavour.
The vibrant and colourful interior of the restaurant brightens up the restaurant, almost as if offering a welcoming hug into the place. Enjoy their Sichuan Flaming Fire Wonton that are made from scratch and wholesome ingredients only or their Aglio E Olio that has a gluten free spaghetti option available as well!
- Hour: 10:00 am. – 9:00 pm.
- Location: At Ekkamai Lifestyle Mall, 257 Soi Sukhumvit 63, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/carrotsbangkok/
9. Phed Mark
Opened by YouTube sensation Mark Wiens and three of his friends, Phed Mark is a play on his name to describe one of Thailand’s many national dishes. The restaurant specialises in pad kaprao, a delectable combination of stir fried chilies, garlic, protein, and kaprao, or holy basil in English. Traditionally, the dish uses minced meat but at Phed Mark, you get to customise your choice of protein and level of spice. Oh, there’s even a vegetarian option for those who don’t want to miss out on the deliciousness of this dish!
You will not be able to take your eyes off this restaurant due to its bright yellow exterior and adorable flame character on its main doors. If you’re up for a fiery challenge, try out their Level 5 spiciness with your pad kaprao!
- Hour: 10:00 am. – 7:15 pm.
- Location: 928 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Phra Khanong, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110
- Website: https://phedmark.com/
10. Sabai Jai Gai Yang
In a neighbourhood that has few authentic Thai cuisine, Sabai Jai Gai Yang stands strong with their signature Gai Yang, a grilled chicken dish that has drawn crowds flocking to their restaurant. Another must try at this Isan style restaurant is their Seafood Coconut where juicy seafood is steamed with curry and served in a whole coconut.
The restaurant has an open-air seating arrangement, giving off a casual yet legitimate Thai dining experience. However, they also have a bright space with air-conditioning if you prefer that as well.
- Hour: 10:30 am. – 10:00 pm.
- Location: 87 Ekkamai 3 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/sabaijaioriginalofficial
Whether you’re planning to stay in the Ekkamai neighbourhood or are just looking for food options outside of the usual food haunts, this vibrant neighbourhood has something for everyone. The diversity in Ekkamai promises different cuisines for different times of the day, perfect to cater to your every craving! In this article, we covered 10 Ekkamai restaurants that are worth trying out. So, the next time you visit Bangkok, head down and give it a taste yourself!