Thailand’s cuisine is known around the world for its bold and vibrant flavors, making it a top choice for foodies looking for an unforgettable dining experience. In this article, we’ll look at the top 10 Thai restaurants for traditional Thai food, each of which offers a unique culinary experience.
Top 10 Eateries You Can Find the Finest Traditional Thai Food
The House of Smooth Curry specializes in traditional Thai food from Thailand’s four regions, with a focus on royal palace and residence recipes. The restaurant supports local communities through the farm-to-table concept by purchasing all vegetables, rice, fruit, spices, and herbs from regional farms, and the menu is 80 percent organic. The elegant restaurant at The Athenee Hotel is waiting for you to enjoy a memorable meal!
- Hour: 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Location: The House of Smooth Curry, 61 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
- Recommended Package: New Menu: Fine Dining Experience (unlimited modern Thai fine dining such as Spicy tom yam soup, Steamed rock lobster, Deep fried garoupa, savory fish sauce, Char-grilled marinated organic pork spareribs with spicy I-Sarn sauce, and more!)
Chef Van Ayusakorn Aryangkun established Marie Guimar, a traditional Thai dining establishment on the 28th floor of Wyndham Bangkok, in honor of the queen of Thai desserts, Marie Guemar or Thao Thong Kip Ma. To provide diners with an unforgettable meal, the dining room is decorated in green tones in a Sino-Portuguese style, with soft music playing. Furthermore, the shop has seating inside as well as outdoors with a great view of Bangkok. Those looking for authentic Thai cuisine in a royally elegant setting should go to this amazing restaurant!
- Hour: 11 am – 10 pm
- Location: No. 388 Soi Rim Klong Phai Singto, Khlong Toei Subdistrict, Wyndham Bangkok 28th Floor, Khlong Toei District, Bangkok 10110
- Recommended Package: Standard Thai Sharing Set for 2 Person (choose 5 dishes for 2 person such as Fish Soup with Plum, Crab Roe Relish, and more menus with steamed rice or brown rice 1 plate and 1 drink per person) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 1,099 baht!
Arun Thai Cuisine, a classic Thai restaurant founded by the founder of the well-known restaurant chain SEE FAH, is ready to serve a variety of original Thai recipes in a luxurious dining room, ideal for bringing lovers together to enjoy delicious food in a romantic setting. This stunning restaurant is perfect for delighting in real Thai cuisine with family or friends.
- Hour: 11 am – 10 pm
- Location: 153/2 Soi Mahatlek Luang 1, 153/2 Soi Mahatlek Luang 1, Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330
- Recommended Package: New Sharing Set for 2 Person (choose 5 dishes per person such as River Prawns in Garlic Sauce, “Ma-Kwaen” crusted grilled lamb racks, and more menus with 1 water / 1 rice per person) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 1,450 baht!
- Hour: 11 am – 10 pm
- Location: 117, 1 Phutthamonthon Sai 3 Alley, Bang Phai, Bang Khae Bangkok 10160
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (set menu of 4 dishes such as Miang Pla Kapong, and more menus with 1 drink per person) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 700 baht!
Kheaw Khai Ka, a Thai restaurant serving local favorites as well as a chic cafe on Nak Niwat Road, stands out with a shady glass house covered in trees. Everyone is welcome to come and fill their bellies while relaxing from morning to evening. The restaurant and cafe zones are clearly separated in the shop, but both are decorated in the same style. Inside the glass house, the black steel frame covered with various plants allows diners to indulge in fine dining in a luxurious setting.
- Hour: 11 am – 10 pm
- Location: Kiew Kai Ka, 33 Thanon Nak Niwat, Khwaeng Lat Phrao, Khet Lat Phrao, Bangkok 10230
- Recommended Package: Easy Set for 2 Persons (choose 5 dishes such as Prawn salad with crispy catfish, and more menus) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 700 baht!
Suan Bua is a traditional Thai eatery located at the Centara Grand Hotel in Ladprao. The restaurant has been open for more than 30 years and has been recognized as a Thai cuisine pioneer. The store had just undergone a significant renovation, making it look more modern.
A large Thai pavilion towers over the edge of the hotel’s swimming pool in front of the restaurant. Visitors have the option of sitting on the terrace or inside the dining room. The food at this restaurant is well-known for its flavor consistency and top-of-the-line ingredients, which makes it a must-try!
- Hour: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm
- Location: 1695 Phahonyothin Road, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900
- Recommended Package: All You Can Eat with Free Flow Water (90 Minutes) (Lunch last order: 2 pm, dinner last order 10 pm. Unlimited Thai food buffet with free flow water for 90 minutes, customers can order 1 special dish per person!) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 699 baht!
Thara Thong, one of Bangkok’s first classic Thai restaurants, invites you to savor authentic Thai cuisine while watching Thai cultural performances. The interior of the restaurant is designed to look like a magnificent Thai teak pavilion, complete with intricate hand-carved woodwork. A large portion of the wall is made of transparent glass, allowing natural light to enter while also providing a view of the Chao Phraya River from both inside the restaurant and the balcony.
The place serves genuine Thai flavors based on centuries-old recipes that have been modernized. The restaurant serves vegetarian, meat, and seafood dishes that have been painstakingly prepared according to royal recipes. Those who have dined here will undoubtedly remember it fondly!
- Hour: 6 pm – 10:15 pm
- Location: 2 Charoen Krung Rd Soi 30, Siphya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 people w/ 1 Drink per Person (set for 2 people such as Phanaeng Sie Krong Moo, Pad Thai Goong, and more menus w/ 1 drink per person) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 990 baht!
“Baan Daeng” is a traditional Thai restaurant run by the ancestors of “Methavalai Sorndaeng,” a classic Thai eatery on Ratchadamnoen Road that received 4 Michelin stars in a row. Traditional Thai cooking from over 65 years of experience is served in a more casual setting, with new recipes added. With top-quality ingredients and a casual yet elegant atmosphere, a meal at Baan Daeng will be one to remember!
- Hour: 11 am – 9:15 pm
- Location: Building A, Block 28, Chula Soi 5, Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (set 6 menus for 2 persons 1 rice+mocktail) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 1,490 baht!
We are pleased to invite you to Anya Authentic Thai Cuisine to enjoy traditional Thai food in its purest form, which is becoming increasingly difficult to find these days. Each dish is gracefully and exquisitely plated, and the flavors are outstanding due to the exceptional caliber of the ingredients. If you want to enjoy the luxury of dining on world-class cuisine, this is the place to go!
- Hour: 8:30 am – 10:30 pm (close on Sun.)
- Location: 35 Bamrungmuang Rd, Khwaeng San Chao Pho Sua, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200
- Recommended Package: New Sharing Set for 2 Person (choose 4 dishes such as Kanom jeen nam ya nuer poo and more) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 990 baht!
The Raweekanlaya Dining is a restaurant in the Raweekanlaya Bangkok Wellness Cuisine Resort, an elegant Bangkok hotel. The restaurant is surrounded by an array of trees that provide shade. The building and restaurant are both historic structures that have been renovated to appear calm, simple, and modern. Here they serve hard-to-find traditional Thai dishes like ma hor, salted beef in coconut milk curry, pork sarong, and various chili pastes. The plating at the restaurant is exquisitely designed. The food has a mild flavor and a variety of menu options. Suitable for eating with family or groups of friends.
- Hour: 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Location: 64 172 Krung Kasem Rd, Bang Khun Phrom, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (choose from 5 dishes such as Thai Cashew Chicken and other menus with 1 drink per person) Book through Hungry Hub now to get the NET price of 1,199 baht!
Exploring the top 10 restaurants for traditional Thai food is more than just a meal; it’s an edible journey that will transport you to Thailand’s lively streets and bustling marketplaces. These eateries offer a taste of Thailand’s rich culinary heritage, from the busy atmosphere of Street Food Heaven to the refined elegance of the Royal Thai Palace. So, don’t give up your opportunity to go on a gastronomic adventure that will leave your taste buds tingling with delight.