As Summer is nearing, Hungry Hub has prepared a list of 12 best things to do in Koh Samui. The Surat Thani province, Koh Samui, is one of the top tourist attractions in Thailand, as the island is home to gorgeous beaches, waterfalls, breathtaking views, temples, a bustling fishing community, and several top-notch wellness resorts.
Top 12 Things to experience in Koh Samui
1. Amaya Food Gallery
Amaya Food Gallery is an all-day dining restaurant near the beachside with an extensive range of cuisines and live cooking stations. Local Thai flavours are infused into the International and Asian dishes.
The restaurant also has private rooms to host formal events for colleagues or business associates, thus making it an ideal dining location.
- Hour: 6:30 A.M. – 10:00 P.M.
- Location: Chaweng Beach Rd. Borput, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (Mon-Sun) (Choose up to 4 Dishes such as Hong Kong beef fillet in red wine sauce, Sauteed chicken with green pepper and more menus with 1 drink per person) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 790 Baht!
2. The Nature Samui
The Nature Samui, located in a beautiful landscape, serves many traditional Thai dishes such as Pad Thai, Tom Yum, and Thai Fried Rice. The food are very presentable and Instagram-Worthy so do remember to snap some pictures before digging in!
Furthermore, most of the ingredients are grown directly from the owners garden. The Nature Samui also hosts cooking classes with the owner and their friendly staff. It is an amazing environment to learn about the Thai culture and culinary!
- Hour: 11:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. (Mon-Sun), Closed every Wednesday
- Location: 112/9 Moo 1, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (Mon-Sun), Closed every Wednesday (Choose from 6 dishes such as Miang-Bua and other menus with 1 drink per person) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 890 Baht!
3. Baitong Restaurant at Banana Fan Sea Resort
Baitong Restaurant at Banana Fan Sea Resort offers a range of Southern Thai food, using local herbs unique to Koh Samui. To add on, there is a large variety of fresh seafood that is available on the menu.
Customers highly recommend to order the Thai dishes because the ingredients used are of good quality, and it is priced reasonably. The environment is also another attractive feature for people to enjoy their relaxation time.
- Hour: 11:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M.
- Location: Banana Fan Sea Resort, Tambon Bophut, Tambon Bo Put, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84320
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (Mon-Sun) (Set menu of 4 dishes such as Goong Prik Tai Dam and more menus with 1 drink per person) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 990 Baht!
4. A.Shore Beach Bar Anantara Bophut
A.Shore Beach Bar Anantara Bophut is comfortably furnished in a rustic style, enhancing the beach view and atmosphere. It is a welcoming place for people to rest and unwind with a glass of a revitalizing beverage and a dish of simple yet tasty food.
This is an amazing location to appreciate nature and stroll leisurely along the Bophut Beach.
- Hour: 11:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Location: 99/9 Bophut Bay Ko Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand 84320
- Recommended Package: Unlimited Food with Free Flow Drink [Mocktail] (Mon-Sun) (Buffet Unlimited + Free Flow Drink for 2 Hours! Food such as Nam Tok Nue and more) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 990 Baht!
5. Chada Chef’s Table
“Chada” is a traditional Thai headpiece worn by royalty that resembles a crown, which is significant to the culinary at Chada Chef’s Table.
It is the first elite, private fine dining experience, situated in a historic structure in Nathon’s old town that has been converted into a contemporary dining area and a historical gallery.
- Hour: 1:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Location: 89, Nathon Old Town, Angthong Ko Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand 84140
- Recommended Package: Chef Table 8 Courses [Minimum Booking is 6 Persons or minimum spending 22,800 Baht] (Set of 8 Courses Exclusive for Hungry Hub: Dynasty Afternoon Pastry Set (1 Set for 2 persons) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 3,800 Baht!
6. Sozapp Street Café & Restaurant
Sozapp Street Café & Restaurant offers Thai food, Seafood and Mexican dishes. The restaurant has live performances at night, thus it is extremely popular among foreigners due to its lively atmosphere.
The staff are extremely welcoming, providing the customers with a wonderful dining experience too!
- Hour: 10:00 A.M. – 9:30 P.M.
- Location: 55/5 Moo 4, Bangrak Beach Road Bophut Subdistrict, Koh Samui District, Surat Province, Surat Thani (on Bang Rak Beach)
- Recommended Package: Sharing Set for 2 Persons (Mon-Sun) (Set menu of 4 dishes such as Pork Chop and more with 1 drink per person) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 790 Baht!
Places to Relax After a Long Day in Koh Samui
Apart from restaurants recommended by Hungry Hub, we also would also like to suggest some hotels to stay in Koh Samui. Special packages are exclusively available for those that book through Hungry Hub!
7. The Sarann Hotel
The Sarann Hotel is conveniently situated in Koh Samui’s shopping area, and it is only a 10-minute drive to Lamai White-Sand Beach. The Pool Villa, Deluxe Room and Beachfront Villa ensures a scenic view of the surroundings.
It has various amenities including Wi-Fi, mini fridge, coffee, or tea making machine and smoke detectors. Rooms with private bathrooms also has a spa bath included.
- Hour: 10:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- Location: 95-96 Moo 3, Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui, Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui, Thailand, 84320
- Recommended Package: Deluxe Room 1 Night (1 Night at Deluxe Room, Breakfast for 2 persons, 50% resort credit for Food & Beverage) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 2,500 Baht!
8. Chaba Cabana Beach Resort
The recently renovated Chaba Cabana Beach Resort is the ideal location for a tranquil and pleasant beach getaway. It is located in the northern cove of the Chaweng Beach, thus guaranteeing a beautiful ocean view. The clean and stylish interior would allow the guests to have an enjoyable stay.
There are six different types of rooms that is catered to the needs of every guests. Additionally, the resort has numerous facilities such as a restaurant, ocean swimming pool, massage corner and fitness centre.
- Hour: 2:00 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.
- Location: 160, Chaweng Beach Rd, Bo Put, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84320
- Recommended Package: Stay 2 Nights at Deluxe Building room (High Season) (2 Nights Stay at Deluxe Building room for 2 persons, Breakfast for 2 persons and more) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 7,800 Baht!
9. Muang Samui Spa Resort
The Muang Samui Spa Resort is a 5-star beach resort on Chaweng Beach, providing a spectacular scenery. To maintain its authenticity, the rooms are designed in a traditional Thai manner.
The resort has many unique activities and programs that are available prior booking, an aromatherapy spa, a swimming pool, and a fitness room.
- Hour: 2:00 P.M. – 2:15 P.M.
- Location: 13/1 m2 Chaweng Beach Rd, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84320
- Recommended Package: Grand Deluxe Suite Garden View 2 Nights (2 Nights at Grand Deluxe Suite Garden View, Dinner on the Beach for 2 persons, Welcome signature cocktail for 2 persons, 60 minutes massage for 2 persons) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 14,500 Baht!
10. Royal Muang Samui Villas
Royal Muang Samui Villas is charmingly perched alongside the fine, white sand of Choeng Mon Beach in northeast Koh Samui. It is only four kilometers from Samui International Airport and 25 kilometers from Nathon City and the ferry pier to Surat Thani.
The rooms are furnished with sleek wooden furniture, a large outdoor balcony and even a private whirlpool Jacuzzi. The villa has weekly programs available prior booking, an advanced meeting room, a floating market and many more.
- Hour: 2:00 P.M. – 2:15 P.M.
- Location: 89 Moo 5, Choengmon Beach, Bophut, Koh Samui, Suratthani 84320
- Recommended Package: Grand Deluxe Suite Garden View 2 Nights (2 Nights at Grand Deluxe Suite Garden View, Dinner on the Beach for 2 persons, Welcome signature cocktail for 2 persons, 60 minutes massage for 2 persons) Book now via Hungry Hub at the NET price per pack of only 16,500 Baht!
Fun Activities to try in Koh Samui
Finally, Hungry Hub would also like to suggest some popular activities to try out in Koh Samui! These are suitable for family, friends, and couples to enjoy!
11. X-Quad Samui ATV Tour
The X-Quad Samui ATV Tour is a great activity for people to destress while exploring the trials of Koh Samui. This does not require prior ATV experience; hence anyone could enjoy the journey.
Having been in Koh Samui for 15 years, you could rest assure that it is a safe and comfortable activity with guidance from X-Quad Samui crew.
- Hour: 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Location: X-Quad Samui ATV Tour, Maenam Soi 5.
- Website: https://www.xquad-samui.com/
12. Samui Paddle Sports
The Samui Paddle Sports is a wonderful activity for people seeking for an interesting form of exercise. It is suitable for a group of friends, families and even couples. Top-notch safety gear is provided; thus, you would not need to worry.
There are different types of activities depending on the time of the day, for instance, Sunset Paddle Board, or LED Glow Tour!
- Hour: 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Location:208, Lamai, Maret, Amphoe Ko Samui, Surat Thani 84310
- Website: https://www.samuipaddlesports.com/
Hungry Hub hopes that this article is insightful for things to do in Koh Samui. We wish that you would have an amazing time to unwind and appreciate the beauty of nature!